Having a king sized bed is a dream come true for many. This luxurious and spacious bed provides maximum comfort and relaxation. However, when it comes to furnishing your bedroom, you may find yourself wondering how many bedside tables you need for a wooden king size bed.
In this article, we will explore the options and considerations to help you make an informed decision.
How Many Bedside Tables Should You Have?
The answer to this question depends on various factors, including personal preference and the size and layout of your bedroom. While there is no hard and fast rule, having two bedside tables is generally recommended for a king size bed.
Benefits of Having Two Bedside Tables:
- Balance and Symmetry: Having two bedside tables creates a balanced and symmetrical look in your bedroom. It enhances the overall aesthetic appeal and creates a sense of harmony.
- Convenience: With two bedside tables, both you and your partner can have your own dedicated space for keeping essentials like books, glasses, or a glass of water. This eliminates the need to reach over each other or disrupt your partner’s space.
- Additional Storage: Bedside tables provide a practical storage solution. You can store items like books, alarm clocks, or medications within arm’s reach, making it convenient for nighttime use.
- Decorative Displays: Two bedside tables offer more surface area for displaying decorative items such as lamps, plants, or picture frames. This allows you to personalize your bedroom and add a touch of style.
Considerations for Choosing Bedside Tables:
When selecting bedside tables for your king size bed, consider the following factors:
- Size: Ensure that the size of the bedside tables is proportionate to the size of your bed. Oversized or undersized tables can disrupt the visual balance of your bedroom.
- Height: Select bedside tables that are of an appropriate height. They should be at a comfortable level for easy access from your bed.
- Storage Capacity: Evaluate your storage needs and choose bedside tables that provide enough storage space to accommodate your essentials.
- Style and Design: Consider the overall style and design of your bedroom. Choose bedside tables that complement the existing decor and blend seamlessly with the aesthetic of your room.
Alternatives to Bedside Tables:
If you prefer a more minimalist approach or have limited space in your bedroom, there are alternative options to traditional bedside tables. Here are a few ideas:
- Wall-Mounted Shelves: Install floating shelves on the wall next to your bed. These shelves can serve as a space-saving alternative, allowing you to keep essentials within reach.
- Built-in Storage: Opt for a bed frame with built-in storage drawers. This eliminates the need for separate bedside tables while providing ample storage space.
- Multi-functional Furniture: Consider using a small desk or a console table as a bedside table. This can serve multiple purposes, such as a workspace or a display area.
In conclusion, having two bedside tables is generally recommended for a king size bed.
It offers a balanced and symmetrical look, convenience for both partners, additional storage, and opportunities for decorative displays. However, the final decision should take into account personal preference, bedroom size, and layout.
Consider the size, height, storage capacity, and style of the bedside tables to create a harmonious and functional bedroom space.
Remember, there are alternative options to traditional bedside tables if you prefer a minimalist approach or have space constraints.
Explore options such as wall-mounted shelves, built-in storage, or multi-functional furniture for a customized solution that meets your needs.
So, how many bedside tables do you need for a king size bed? The choice is yours!